Why in News
- On the occasion of National Girl Child Day on January 24, 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi honored 61 children of the country with the Prime Minister's National Child Award for the year 2021 and 2022, in a virtual ceremony as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, in which 2 children are from Haryana.
- This year's awardees include 15 boys and 14 girls from 21 states and union territories. These children have been selected from all regions of the country for their exceptional achievements in the categories of Innovation (7), Social Service (4), Educational (1), Sports (8), Art and Culture (6) and Gallantry (3).
- Similarly, among the award winners for the year 2021, 32 children from 21 states/UTs in innovation (9), art and culture (7), sports (7), educational (5), gallantry (3) and social service (1) categories have chosen.
- The PMRBP awardees participate in the Republic Day Parade every year. Each awardee of PMRBP is presented with a medal, a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh and a certificate.
- Haryana has two children honored with the Prime Minister's National Children Award - 2022 - Tanish Sethi (Innovation) and Akarsh Kaushal (Social Service).
- The award winners of PMRBP 2021 and 2022 attended the event from the respective district headquarters along with their parents and the district magistrate of their respective district.
- During the ceremony, the Prime Minister presented digital certificates to 61 winners of PMRBP 2021 and 2022 using blockchain powered technology developed by IIT Kanpur under the National Blockchain Project.
Switch to Hindi