Why in News
- On January 24, 2022, Chhattisgarh's Panchayat and Rural Development Minister TS Singhdeo told in a meeting organized by the Union Ministry of Rural Development through video conference that Chhattisgarh ranks first in the quality of roads under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY).
- The progress of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin) and Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana in various states was reviewed in this online meeting held under the chairmanship of Union Panchayati Raj and Rural Development Minister Giriraj Singh.
- Chhattisgarh's Panchayat and Rural Development Minister Singhdeo informed about the progress of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana in the meeting that 8547 roads of more than 42 thousand km have been approved in the state under the first, second and third phases of the scheme.
- A total of 176 km in Naxal affected areas. Tenders have been approved for the construction of 38 roads of length. Re-tendering process for 54 roads of remaining 277 km is under continuous process.
- He said that Chhattisgarh ranks first in the quality of roads. In the current financial year 2021-22, 393 inspections of completed and in-progress roads have been done by the National Quality Reviewers, in which none are in the unsatisfactory category.
- In the third phase of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana, 5612 kms will be provided to the state. The length of the road was allotted. The state has been the first by getting the approval of all these roads in two phases. Under this, the construction of all the approved roads will be completed by March 2022.
- He has done 2000 kms from the Union Ministry of Rural Development. Requested to sanction additional roads of length. He urged to implement the allocation of 60:40 in the ratio of 60:40 in the works of renovation and maintenance of roads, like the allocation in the ratio of 60:40 for the Central and State share in the construction works.
- Four new modules have been started on e-portal for effective implementation of schemes of Panchayat and Rural Development Department in the state. Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, out of ten lakh 97 thousand houses approved for the state, the construction of eight lakh 23 thousand houses has been completed.
Switch to Hindi