Why in News
- On January 23, 2022, on the occasion of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose's birth anniversary, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel presided over the first meeting of the newly formed 'Chhattisgarh Rojgar Mission' at his residence office through video conferencing.
- In this meeting, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel directed to work expeditiously towards the creation of new employment opportunities and to review the work of the Employment Mission regularly. He said that youth should be made ready for employment according to the demand of industries and market, training them should be made proficient in various trades.
- He said that production should be done as per the market demand in rural industrial parks established in rural areas. To enhance the quality and certification of these products, cooperation of higher technical institutions located in Chhattisgarh should be taken. Better eco-system should be created for new startups, so that youth can get better employment opportunities.
- It is worth mentioning that with the objective of creating 12 to 15 lakh new employment opportunities in Chhattisgarh in the next five years, the state government has constituted Chhattisgarh Employment Mission.
- Principal Secretary Skill Development, Technical Education, Employment and Chief Executive Officer of Chhattisgarh Employment Mission, Dr. Alok Shukla, while giving a presentation on Chhattisgarh Employment Mission in the meeting, said that progress of agriculture sector in Chhattisgarh, Rural Industrial Park in Gauthan, Godhan Nyay Yojana, Collection and value addition of minor forest produce has created employment opportunities on a large scale. A large number of people have also got employment in government and private sector, as a result of which the unemployment rate in Chhattisgarh has come down to just 2.1 percent.
- Shukla informed that Chhattisgarh Employment Mission, various departments related to employment- Panchayat and Rural Development Department, Agriculture, Fisheries, Horticulture, Forest, Industry, Village Industries, Urban Administration, National Rural Livelihood Mission, Skill Development Program, Gauthan, Godhan Nyay Yojana , will coordinate between the Bari Scheme and the works of the Tea-Coffee Board.
- This mission will work towards creating better employment opportunities by collaborating with private companies, branding and marketing in the employment oriented training, service and manufacturing sectors. Along with encouraging research on better products and services of Chhattisgarh through the mission, it will help in creating a better ecosystem for startups.
- It will work to create a better market for eco-tourism, adventure tourism, home-stay, food processing, herbal medicine, handicrafts and cocoon and silk to create new employment opportunities.
Why in News
- On 23 January 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel released the story collection 'Vishisht Parag' by Ms. Komal Purohit Dhanesar at his residence office.
- It is noteworthy that Ms. Komal Purohit Dhanesar, working as Deputy News Editor in the Bhilai edition of Patrika newspaper, started journalism from Bastar.
- While in Bastar, he got an opportunity to closely observe the life of Paramilitary Force personnel posted in Chhattisgarh. During this time he started writing this book.
- Deputy Commandant Medical Officer Dr Tarakeswar Nath is the co-author of this book.
- Through the 11 stories compiled in this book, he has tried to bring to the fore the unexplored aspects of the life of the mighty officers and jawans of the Paramilitary Force, which are generally not exposed to the public.
Switch to Hindi