Star marking (1-5) indicates the importance of topic
Why in News
- Recently, Torpa has become the first block in Jharkhand to achieve 100% COVID-19 vaccination coverage.
- This tribal-dominated block, located in the state's Khunti district, has achieved this feat despite opposition from villagers in the initial phase of the vaccination campaign.
- The hard work of the district administration officials and the support provided by the NGOs helped in creating awareness about vaccination and allaying the apprehensions about vaccination among the villagers.
- Torpa has a total of 95 villages and so far 55939 people (population above 18 years) have been vaccinated with the first dose. This is 100% of the population eligible for the vaccine; Also 70 percent of people have taken a second dose.
- Gayatri Mishra, Joint Secretary, Health and Family Welfare Department, on her recent visit to Torpa, inquired about the campaign started in Torpa.
Switch to Hindi