Why in News?
- On May 19, 2022, Bihar Health Minister Mangal Pandey informed that in 14 months, about 13 lakh people of the state have availed the benefits of health facilities through the e-Sanjeevani portal.
- Since the launch of e-Sanjeevani in Bihar was started in February 2021, till April 30, 2022, 12 lakh 89 thousand 602 people in all the 38 districts of the state have undergone medical consultation and treatment through telemedicine through e-Sanjeevani.
- The e-Sanjeevani has two parts - the first is e-Sanjeevani, the second is the e-Sanjeevani OPD. Both of them have been developed by the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Mohali.
- E-Sanjeevani, a doctor-to-doctor telemedicine system, is being implemented under the Ayushman Bharat Centre for Health and Wellness (AB-HWCs) programme. It attempts to add all 1,50,000 HWCs using the hub-and-spoke model by December 2022.
- E-Sanjeevani OPD was launched during the COVID-19 pandemic to enable patient-to-doctor tele-consultation.
Switch to Hindi