Why In News?
- On September 20, 2022, Kanpur Development Authority (KDA) Vice Chairman Arvind Singh informed that a proposal has been submitted to build an international airport bigger than Jewar in Nawabganj of Unnao district of Uttar Pradesh.
- On the lines of Delhi-NCR, three more cities - Sitapur, Rae Bareli and Hardoi - have also been included in the Lucknow-Kanpur State Capital Region. Earlier, apart from Lucknow and Kanpur, only Unnao and Barabanki cities were included.
- KDA vice-president Arvind Singh said that about 10,000 acres of land will be required to build the airport. The work of marking the land has started.
- Arvind Singh said that it has taken about 9 months to prepare this project. It is also important to build an international airport near Nawabganj because Amausi Airport cannot be expanded anymore.
- On the instructions of the government, the KDA has made a concept plan under the State Capital Region, in which the minimum distance from Nawabganj Bird Sanctuary to the airport is 5 km. has been kept, so that there is no effect on the habitat of birds.
- The benefit of this airport will be available not only to the state capital region, but also to Bundelkhand, cities of eastern Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, Bihar and Madhya Pradesh.
Switch to Hindi