Proposal to Build an International Airport at Nawabganj in Unnao
- 21 Sep 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On September 20, 2022, Kanpur Development Authority (KDA) Vice Chairman Arvind Singh informed that a proposal has been submitted to build an international airport bigger than Jewar in Nawabganj of Unnao district of Uttar Pradesh.
- On the lines of Delhi-NCR, three more cities - Sitapur, Rae Bareli and Hardoi - have also been included in the Lucknow-Kanpur State Capital Region. Earlier, apart from Lucknow and Kanpur, only Unnao and Barabanki cities were included.
- KDA vice-president Arvind Singh said that about 10,000 acres of land will be required to build the airport. The work of marking the land has started.
- Arvind Singh said that it has taken about 9 months to prepare this project. It is also important to build an international airport near Nawabganj because Amausi Airport cannot be expanded anymore.
- On the instructions of the government, the KDA has made a concept plan under the State Capital Region, in which the minimum distance from Nawabganj Bird Sanctuary to the airport is 5 km. has been kept, so that there is no effect on the habitat of birds.
- The benefit of this airport will be available not only to the state capital region, but also to Bundelkhand, cities of eastern Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, Bihar and Madhya Pradesh.