Why In News?
- In the meeting of the Council of Ministers held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on September 20, 2022, along with giving approval to the amendments in the ‘Chief Minister Meritorious Student Scheme' many other important decisions were taken.
- According to the amendment, such students who have received the benefit of the scheme once and if the income limit is more than Rs 6 lakh, will be eligible for the benefit of the scheme till the completion of the course.
- Also, students who have secured first 15 percent place in the centralized common merit list of the state in the second year of engineering and pharmacy courses through 'lateral entry' and 70 percentiles in 10th and 12th examination from the Board of Secondary Education or CBSE/ICSE. If the students who have passed the examination with 85 percent take admission in the engineering and pharmacy courses of the institutions included in the order, then such students will be eligible for the scheme. Such students will not be bound by JEE Mains rank for admission to engineering courses.
- The Cabinet gave its approval for establishment and operation of Motor Driving Training and Research Institute (MDTRI) in District Datia .
- The cabinet has increased the rate of dearness allowance and relief payable to government servants and pensioners in the seventh pay scale by 3 percent from August 1, 2022 (payment month September, 2022) to 34 percent and government servants working in the sixth pay scale of the state government. And ratified the order issued on August 18, 2022 to increase the dearness allowance on a proportionate basis in the fourth and fifth pay scales of state government undertakings, corporations, boards and aided institutions working on deputation in the state government.
- As a result of increase in dearness relief to pensioners/family pensioners in Section 49 of the Madhya Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2000, the expenditure is borne by the Government of Madhya Pradesh and the Government of Chhattisgarh in fixed proportion. After obtaining the consent of the Chhattisgarh government, the Finance Department was authorized to issue an order of dearness relief.
- With the increase of 3 percent in the dearness allowance payable to the employees, an additional estimated expenditure burden of Rs 625 crore is likely in this financial year. An additional estimated expenditure of Rs 304 crore is likely to be incurred in this financial year due to the increase of 3 percent in dearness relief in the event of consent of the pensioners/family pensioners from the Chhattisgarh government.
- For speedy implementation of schemes run by Madhya Pradesh State Electronics Development Corporation, it has been decided by the Council of Ministers to speed up the recruitment process of human resource and easy availability of IT experts skilled in new technologies. (COE, PeMTS, MPSSDI, CPCT, Email-PMU, TCU, SDC, Security Audit Lab) Services can be taken from contract or outsource by changing the sanctioned posts in the projects.
Why In News?
- On September 20, 2022, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan presented the 'Most Dominant Industry' award to Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company Bhopal for imparting apprenticeship training to the highest number of apprentices in the entire state in the SPSU category.
- Dilip Kumar Kapse, Chief General Manager (HR and Administration), Central Zone Electricity Distribution Company, received this award at the hands of the Chief Minister at the first convocation of ITI passed trainees held at Kushabhau Thackeray International Convention Center (Minto Hall), Bhopal.
- It is worth noting that under the Central Government's National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) by the Power Distribution Training Center of the Central Region Electricity Distribution Company, the maximum number of 973 trade apprentices in the state of Madhya Pradesh are Electrician, Electronics, Mechanic, Copa, Steno English and Steno Hindi subjects. One year training has been given in various disciplines under the company.
1074 Scheduled Caste Dominated Villages of the State Selected in 'Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana'
Why In News?
- On September 20, 2022, it was informed by the Madhya Pradesh Public Relations Department that 1074 Scheduled Caste dominated villages of Madhya Pradesh have been selected under the 'Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana'.
- For the best implementation of the scheme in the year 2021-22, 3 districts of the state have been selected at the national level, in which Guna district is second and Sehore district is third.
- It is worth mentioning that 'Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana' is being operated by the Central Government for the integrated development of scheduled caste dominated villages. The scheme selects villages with a population of 500 or more, whose population is more than 50 percent scheduled caste.
- In Adarsh villages, maximum benefits of various beneficiary oriented schemes of the government will be provided to the villagers. Along with making Aadhar card for all the people in various government schemes, providing benefits of destitute, old age and handicapped pension scheme to eligible persons, 100% admission of children in Anganwadi and schools, providing scholarship to all students according to their eligibility, in every household. Provision of toilets, providing benefit of Ujjwala gas scheme to eligible families and providing electricity connection in each household etc.
- Under the 'Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana', work will be done on a large scale for the infrastructure development of the selected villages. This includes school building, Anganwadi building, internal road construction, drain construction, drinking water system, street light and proper arrangement for disposal of solid and liquid waste materials in the village.
- The central government will provide assistance of Rs 20 lakh for gap filling for infrastructure development in each village. Along with this, work of infrastructure development will be done in the village in harmony with various schemes of the state.
- It is noteworthy that in the implementation of 'Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana' in the country, Madhya Pradesh has remained at the top position since the beginning. At present, 5 lakh 53 thousand 108 persons have been benefited as per eligibility in respect of 1074 villages.
Why In News?
- On September 20, 2022, Madhya Pradesh Transport and Revenue Minister Govind Singh Rajput informed that it is proposed to set up an automotive vehicle fitness center for the fitness of commercial vehicles at a cost of about Rs 150 crore at 10 divisional headquarters of the state.
- Transport and Revenue Minister Govind Singh Rajput said that with the establishment of the centers, physical checking of vehicles will be done at one place before giving fitness certificates. At present, the fitness of the vehicles is being done manually.
- It is worth mentioning that in order to curb vehicle accidents, instructions have been given by the Central Government to set up Automotive Motor Fitness Centers in all states.
- About Rs 15 crore will be spent on setting up a center. With the establishment of one center, about 40 thousand vehicles can be tested and tested in a year.
- During the checking of the vehicle in the fitness center, the fitness certificate will be given only after checking the pollution, oil leakage, brakes, lights, wheel alignment, speed governor etc.
Switch to Hindi