1074 Scheduled Caste Dominated Villages of the State Selected in 'Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana'
- 21 Sep 2022
- 3 min read
Why In News?
- On September 20, 2022, it was informed by the Madhya Pradesh Public Relations Department that 1074 Scheduled Caste dominated villages of Madhya Pradesh have been selected under the 'Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana'.
- For the best implementation of the scheme in the year 2021-22, 3 districts of the state have been selected at the national level, in which Guna district is second and Sehore district is third.
- It is worth mentioning that 'Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana' is being operated by the Central Government for the integrated development of scheduled caste dominated villages. The scheme selects villages with a population of 500 or more, whose population is more than 50 percent scheduled caste.
- In Adarsh villages, maximum benefits of various beneficiary oriented schemes of the government will be provided to the villagers. Along with making Aadhar card for all the people in various government schemes, providing benefits of destitute, old age and handicapped pension scheme to eligible persons, 100% admission of children in Anganwadi and schools, providing scholarship to all students according to their eligibility, in every household. Provision of toilets, providing benefit of Ujjwala gas scheme to eligible families and providing electricity connection in each household etc.
- Under the 'Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana', work will be done on a large scale for the infrastructure development of the selected villages. This includes school building, Anganwadi building, internal road construction, drain construction, drinking water system, street light and proper arrangement for disposal of solid and liquid waste materials in the village.
- The central government will provide assistance of Rs 20 lakh for gap filling for infrastructure development in each village. Along with this, work of infrastructure development will be done in the village in harmony with various schemes of the state.
- It is noteworthy that in the implementation of 'Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana' in the country, Madhya Pradesh has remained at the top position since the beginning. At present, 5 lakh 53 thousand 108 persons have been benefited as per eligibility in respect of 1074 villages.