Automatic Vehicle Fitness Center
- 21 Sep 2022
- 1 min read
Why In News?
- On September 20, 2022, Madhya Pradesh Transport and Revenue Minister Govind Singh Rajput informed that it is proposed to set up an automotive vehicle fitness center for the fitness of commercial vehicles at a cost of about Rs 150 crore at 10 divisional headquarters of the state.
- Transport and Revenue Minister Govind Singh Rajput said that with the establishment of the centers, physical checking of vehicles will be done at one place before giving fitness certificates. At present, the fitness of the vehicles is being done manually.
- It is worth mentioning that in order to curb vehicle accidents, instructions have been given by the Central Government to set up Automotive Motor Fitness Centers in all states.
- About Rs 15 crore will be spent on setting up a center. With the establishment of one center, about 40 thousand vehicles can be tested and tested in a year.
- During the checking of the vehicle in the fitness center, the fitness certificate will be given only after checking the pollution, oil leakage, brakes, lights, wheel alignment, speed governor etc.