Why in News?
- On May 20, 2022, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot inaugurated the 'Rajasthan Architecture Festival' organised by the Rajasthan Chapter of the Indian Institute of Architects at Hotel Clarks, Amer in Jaipur.
- Speaking on the occasion, Gehlot said that a panel of architects and town planners has been prepared by the state government to make cities planned as per the requirement of the next 20-25 years.
- Rajasthan is a state that has prepared master plans for all cities and modern building by-laws for the state.
- The Chief Minister said that former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi had laid a strong foundation for the country's urban development by getting the Architects Act passed by the Parliament in the year 1972 and former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi by giving importance to the famous architect and city planner Charles Correa.
- Charles Correa had also done the design work of Jawahar Kala Kendra Bhawan to bring art and culture to the common people in Jaipur.
- In the function, Minister of Autonomous Government and Urban Development Shanti Kumar Dhariwal said that Jaipur Parkota has been included in the UNESCO World Heritage List only due to the efforts of the State Government.
Switch to Hindi