Bihar Switch to Hindi
Now 'Sweet Revolution' in Bihar
Why In News
According to information received from the media on March 20, 2023, the central government has selected 17 districts of the state to promote sweet revolution (honey production) in Bihar.
- They have been selected under the National Bee Keeping and Honey Mission. The first installment of the amount is also being sent to these districts for the implementation of the scheme. The Center has sanctioned 1.30 crore as the first instalment.
- Aurangabad, Bhagalpur, Bhojpur, Darbhanga, East Champaran, West Champaran, Jamui, Kishanganj, Madhubani, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea, Rohtas, Samastipur, Saran, Sitamarhi and Vaishali districts have been selected. Here the central and state government will work jointly for the success of honey mission i.e., Sweet Revolution.
- In beekeeping, priority will be given to women's groups, Jeevika and wage fed in the state. 30 percent of the share will be women. This will also benefit Jeevika Didis. Women's groups, farmer groups, cooperative societies will be encouraged for this by giving grants.
- Apart from promoting beekeeping, women will be given technical support and necessary training. Cultivation of flowering plants will be promoted in the beekeeping area. The amount sanctioned by the central government will be spent in this.
- The annual action plan has been prepared by the state government. The District Horticulture Development Committee has been given the responsibility of selecting the farmers' group.
- The purpose of this scheme is to bring sweet revolution. To achieve the goal of Madhu revolution and beekeeping, honey production and other products will be promoted in a scientific manner. It will also help in providing employment to agricultural and non-agricultural families.
- It is known that honey is produced on a large scale in Bihar. About fifty thousand people of the state are associated with it. Bihar's honey is in high demand not only in the country but also abroad (America, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Morocco). The national beekeeping and city mission will benefit the beekeepers here.
Switch to Hindi