Why in News
- On January 19, 2022, Haryana Chief Secretary Sanjeev Kaushal wrote a letter to all Administrative Secretaries, Heads of Departments, Corporations, Boards and all DCs directing that the State Government has decided to implement the Corporation Wage Rate by abolishing the DC rate applicable for 80 years.
- It has been said in the letter that the government has withdrawn the orders related to the DC rate. It is worth mentioning that earlier, the DC rates were fixed by the respective District Deputy Commissioners for the contract employees in different departments of Haryana. With the passage of time, the DC rates of different districts had varied greatly.
- Different rates have been fixed for different four categories of contract employees. These rates will be deemed to be applicable from January 1, 2022. Provision has also been made to revise these rates every year.
- It is noteworthy that many MLAs in the assembly had raised the demand for equalization of DC rate. In view of this, Haryana Kaushal Rojgar Nigam has been formed by the Haryana Government for contract jobs. Now employees will be kept under this and they will be known as Corporation Wage Board.
- The educational qualification for the employees has been fixed from class X to graduation. These include 10th class for level 1, non technical for level 2, ITI and technical qualification for level 3 and bachelor's degree for level 4. In addition, 10 to 20 percent additional amount will be given to experienced employees.
- The districts are divided into three categories-
- Category 1. Gurugram, Faridabad, Panchkula, Sonipat, Delhi and Chandigarh.
- Category 2. Panipat, Jhajjar, Palwal, Karnal, Ambala, Hisar, Rohtak, Rewari, Kurukshetra, Kaithal, Yamunanagar, Bhiwani, Jind.
- Category 3. Mahendragarh, Fatehabad, Sirsa, Nuh, Charkhi Dadri.
- Different rates have been fixed for different four levels of contract employees of all the three categories of districts-
- Category 1. Rs.17520 (Level-1), Rs.20590 (Level-2), Rs.21200 (Level-3), Rs.22420 (Level-4).
- Category 2. Rs.15450 (Level-1), Rs.18510 (Level-2), Rs.19120 (Level-3), Rs.20350 (Level-4).
- Category 3. Rs.14330 (Level-1), Rs.17390 (Level-2), Rs.18000 (Level-3), Rs.19230 (Level-4).
Switch to Hindi