Why in News?
- On May 18, 2022 a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between SAIL-Bokaro Steel Plant and Dalmia Bharat Foundation for setting up of a Skill Development Centre at Bokaro.
- The moU aims to set up a skill training centre to provide short-term, placement-based courses to local youth in nearby villages through the DIKSHA (Dalmia Institute of Knowledge and Skill Harnessing) Centre of Dalmia Bharat Foundation.
- Through this joint initiative, efforts will be made to provide relevant skills to the local youth to ensure better prospects.
- Under this scheme, the beneficiaries can be offered courses with some nominal fee. SAIL-BSL will later explore the possibility of opening similar centres in its mines located in Jharkhand.
- Last year, the BSL management had approved a proposal to set up a skill development centre in Bokaro in collaboration with Dalmia India to strengthen the skill development ecosystem of Bokaro under its CSR scheme.
- The two organizations share a common vision and value system to transform society by leveraging their demographic dividend by providing training to prepare them for the market through empowering the local youth.
- The number of initial batches in each course will be 30. After this, more courses will be added as per demand and future prospects.
- The Centre will primarily focus on providing skill development to the youth living in the peripheral villages of Bokaro. The Centre is likely to start operations within a period of two months.
- While BSL will provide necessary infrastructure support under the agreement, Dalmia India will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the Centre, including faculty and placement assistance.
Switch to Hindi