Jharkhand State Agricultural Produce and Livestock Marketing (Promotion and Facilitation) Bill, 2022
Why in News?
- On May 17, 2022, Jharkhand Governor Ramesh Bais returned the 'Jharkhand State Agricultural Produce and Livestock Marketing (Promotion and Facilitation) Bill, 2022' passed by the Jharkhand Assembly due to differences in its Hindi and English versions.
- This is the fifth bill passed by the state government, which has been returned by the governor to the government due to the difference between the Hindi and English versions of the bills.
- Through this bill, for the first time in the country, the Jharkhand government is going to implement the concept of private market committee campus on the ground.
- In agricultural market committees, a representative nominated or elected by the state government will be made the chairman.
- The Bill provides for charging two percent agricultural market tax from buyers, while the tax on immediately destroyed agricultural produce will be one percent.
- In order to realize the vision of 'One Nation One Market' with the objective of comprehensive reform and transparency in agricultural marketing in the State, the farmers of the State will be connected to electronic trading portals under modern marketing system.
- New markets will be set up with modernization of rural haat-bazaars from the revenue generated from agricultural market tax so that the market is available to the farmers at every 10 km.
Switch to Hindi