Star marking (1-5) indicates the importance of topic
Why in News
- On September 16, 2021, Chhattisgarh Government's online pension management system 'Aabhar Aapki Sevaon Ka' was awarded the 'Elets Innovation Award' at the national level in the category of 'e-Governance Initiative for Government Service Delivery' for government service delivery.
- D. Ravi Gupta, Founder, CEO and Editor-in-Chief, Elets Technomedia Pvt Ltd, presented the award to Neelkanth Tikam, Director, Treasury Accounts and Pensions, Chhattisgarh at a virtual function in New Delhi.
- It is noteworthy that for the speedy redressal of pension matters of the pensioners of the state, the online pension management system 'Aabhar Aapki Sevaon Ka' was implemented in the state from May 2018.
- It has been developed with an objective to bring transparency within the concept of e-governance as a single window system.
- As a result of the implementation of this system, the requirement of physical presence of the pensioners for the first pension payment has been done away with.
- Under this system, all the necessary documents (except service book) for settlement of pension cases are submitted online and digitally signed by the concerned officers. All the documents are also sent by the Treasuries to the bank online for the payment of pension to the banks.
- The pensioner can login to the portal to know the status of pension details and can even lodge a complaint online.
- Also, there is a facility to download the digital copy of the Identity Card issued to the pensioners in the Pensioners Corner of the E-Kosh Lite app for pensioners.
- So far A total of 27,231 pensioners have benefited from this system.
Switch to Hindi