Why in News
- Recently an order was issued by Vivek Kumar Singh, Additional Chief Secretary, Bihar Revenue and Land Reforms Department, regarding giving the DCLR (Deputy Collector Land Reforms) the right to hear disputes related to land again.
- DCLR got this right after the Supreme Court's intervention in the court dispute that has been going on for nearly eight years.
- Now DCLR will decide about a disputed land, who is its real owner? This is called a title suit. They will initiate hearing of cases related to Raiyati cases and will also implement the orders passed in the earlier cases.
- It is noteworthy that through the Bihar Land Disputes Redressal Act, 2009, DCLR was empowered to hear land disputes. This act was challenged in the Patna High Court in 2013 by a raiyat named Maheshwar Mandal.
- Five years later, in 2018, following the High Court's order, the Revenue and Land Reforms Department issued an order restraining the DCLR from conducting court hearings.
Why in News
- On September 16, 2021, a state award distribution ceremony was organized at Bihar Museum under the aegis Upendra Maharathi Crafts Research Institute.
- During this ceremony, Industries Minister of Bihar State Syed Shahnawaz Hussain presented awards to 40 craftsmen and artists from the state for the year 2017-18.
- On this occasion, the Industries Minister said that the Bihar government would develop one handicraft in every district of the state. It will be made the identity of the district.
- He said that the amount of state award has been increased from Rs. 22,000 to Rs. 50,000. Along with this, the amount of State Merit Award (Rajya Medha Puraskar) has now been increased from Rs. 11,000 to Rs.25 thousand. To help the craftsmen, the government has prepared a Revolving Fund of 1 Crore 31 Lakh rupees.
- The Artist Who Received the State Award are- Hema Devi (Paper Mache), Pawan Kumar Sagar (Manjusha Art), Santvana Singh (Metal Craft), Rajendra Sah (Lacquer Craft), Pappu Kumar (Sikki Art), Rupesh Kumar (Terracotta), Khushboo Kumari (Tikuli Art), Gopal Prasad (Wood Art), Ganesh Prasad (Stone Art), Nutan Bala (Mithila Painting), Nalini Shah (Mithila Painting), Dinesh Kumar Paswan (Mithila Painting), Surendra Paswan (Mithila Painting), Anju Devi Mishra (Mithila Painting), Indrakant Jha (Mithila Painting), Dr. Rani Jha (Mithila Painting), Mamta Devi (Mithila Painting), Amit Kumar Jha (Mithila Painting), Priyanshu Kumar (Mithila Painting), Roshan Kumar (Mithila Painting).
- The Artists awarded with the State Merit Award/Rajya Medha Puraskar are- Meena Devi (Applique), Neelam Bharti (Applique), Rinku Devi (Sujani Art), Soni Kumari (Sujani Art), Kumari Kiran (Venu Craft), Jitendra Kumar Rai (Sikki Art), Dinesh Pandit (Terracotta), Shiv Shankar Pandit (Terracotta), Soni Kumari (Tikuli Art), Umesh Thakur (Wood Art), Roopa Kumari (Jute Craft), Vibha Srivastava (Croatia Craft), Sushil Vishwakarma (Weaving Craft), Anita Pandey (Bhojpuri Painting), Sanjeev Kumar Jha (Mithila Paintings), Pooja Kumari (Mithila Paintings), Rajni Kumari (Mithila Paintings), Sneha Das (Mithila Paintings), Ranju Devi (Mithila Paintings), Parikshan Paswan (Mithila Paintings).
Switch to Hindi