Why in News?
- On August 15, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel honored three self-reliant Gauthans of the state for their efficient conduct of economic activities and excellent work in the state level function of Independence Day organized at Police Parade Ground in the capital Raipur.
- Kesara Gauthan of Patan block of Durg district, Chattod Gauthan of Arang block of Raipur district and Donde, Harangarh Gauthan of Koylibeda of Kanker district were awarded.
- The Chief Minister felicitated these three Gauthans with an incentive amount of Rs 50,000 each, a memento and a citation.
- Kanak Soni, Tilak Verma and Vishnu Sahu, the presidents of the Gauthan committee of these three Gauthans respectively, received this honor on behalf of their respective Gauthans.
- In Kesara Gauthan, 4900 quintals of cow dung has been purchased and sold by the self-help group to 1700 quintals of compost. Under the economic activities in Kesara Gauthan, activities like poultry, goat rearing, fish farming, garden development and oil crushing machines are being conducted by women self-help groups.
- So far, 5500 quintals of cow dung has been purchased from the cattle owners in Chataud Gauthan Committee and 2200 quintals of compost has been prepared and sold. In Gauthan, Sita Mahila Sangathan is producing poultry, fish farming, goat rearing, mushroom production along with garden development, papad, pickle, badi, washing powder etc. Sita Mahila Sangathan is making insecticides Neemastra and Brahmastra by purchasing cow urine, which are chemical free pesticides for organic farming.
- In Donde, Harangarh Gauthan, 2900 quintals of compost has been prepared by purchasing 6200 quintals of cow dung from cattle rearers through the group. In Gothan, women of self-help groups are conducting income-oriented activities like fisheries, garden development, mushroom production, lamp making. The work of selling vermi compost and purchasing of cow dung is also being done by Gothan.
- In the program, four officers were also honored for their excellent work in the operation, implementation and coordination of the scheme in the state level Godhan Nyay Cell under Suraji village.
- These officers include Agriculture Department's Joint Director Ramlakhan Khare, OSD Dr Mausam Mehra, Assistant Director Chandan Rai and Chips (CHIPS) Senior Advisor Nilesh Soni. The Chief Minister honored them with a citation and a memento.
Why in News?
- On August 14, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel honored well-known litterateur and journalist Leeladhar Mandloi with the Vasundhara Samman at the 22nd Vasundhara Samman ceremony held at his residence office.
- Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel honored Leeladhar Mandloi with a citation, memento and award fund in the award ceremony.
- It is noteworthy that Vasundhara Samman is conferred in the memory of Late Devi Prasad Choubey. This is the 22nd continuous event of Vasundhara Samman organized on the 46th death anniversary of Late Devi Prasad Choubey.
- The program was jointly organized by Culture Department Chhattisgarh Lok Jagran's monthly magazine Kriti Vasundhara and Chaturbhuj Memorial Foundation.
- Remembering late Devi Prasad Choubey, the Chief Minister said that he was a pioneer of rural journalism. He did a lot of work in the field of social reform. He was vehemently opposed to the sacrificial system. He had also stopped the practice of sacrifice in the temple of his village.
- Liladhar Mandloi was born in 1954 in a village called Gudhi in Chhindwara district of undivided Madhya Pradesh. His education took place in Bhopal and Raipur.
- Liladhar Mandloi has also been a member of the Prasar Bharati Board, apart from the Director General of Doordarshan and All India Radio.
- Mandloi is basically a poet. In his poems, there is a vivid depiction of the sweetness of the dialect of Chhattisgarh and the life of the people there. He is inclined towards writing folktales, folk songs, travelogues, diaries, media, journalism and criticism.
Switch to Hindi