Why in News
- On January 13, 2022, the Commissioner of Transport and Road Safety Department of Rajasthan, Mahendra Soni, released kites with the message 'Angdan-Mahadan'.
- Giving the message of organ donation awareness, these kites have been prepared by Mohan Foundation, Jaipur Citizen Forum. These kites will make people aware along with climbing in the sky on the festival of Makar Sankranti.
- Mahendra Soni said that 'heart sign' and 'organ donor' are marked on the license of those who consent to organ donation through a driving license. This simplifies the process of organ donation after death with the consent of the relatives.
- Make your life precious by giving consent to donate organs through a driving license as well as through other means.
- On this occasion Bhavna Jagwani, Convener of Mohan Foundation, Jaipur Citizen Forum said that many lives can be saved by donating one person's organ. Every person should fulfill human responsibility by joining the campaign of organ donation awareness.
- It is noteworthy that under the initiative of the Transport and Road Safety Department to give consent for organ donation through driving license, from September 1, 2020 to January 12, 2022, more than 2.25 lakh permanent licensees have given consent for organ donation.
Switch to Hindi