Uttar Pradesh Switch to Hindi
10 Policemen From Uttar Pradesh Selected for Union Home Minister's Medal
Why in News?
- 10 policemen from Uttar Pradesh are also included in the list of 151 policemen selected for the prestigious Union Home Minister Medal 2022 issued by the Union Home Ministry on August 12, 2022.
- Significantly, 28 women policemen are also included in the list of 151 policemen announced for the Union Home Minister's Medal 2022.
- The list includes 15 personnel from CBI, 5 from NIA, 11 from Maharashtra Police, 10 each from Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh Police, 8 each from Kerala, Rajasthan and West Bengal Police and the rest from other states.
- Policemen who have been awarded this prestigious medal include Deputy Superintendent of Police of Uttar Pradesh Police Sansar Singh Rathi, Deputy Superintendent of Police Saviratna Gautam, SHO Kamlesh Singh, Inspector Ram Govind Mishra, Inspector Santosh Kumar Sharma, Inspector Yogendra Kumar, Inspector Shailesh Kumar Rai, Inspector Bhaiya Shivprasad Singh, Sub-Inspector Neeraj Kumar Pal and Sub-Inspector Suraj Kumar Tiwari.
- It is worth mentioning that the medal was instituted in 2018 by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs with the objective of promoting high professional standards in crime investigation and recognition of such excellence in investigation by investigating officers.
- Under this, this medal is given to the policemen who have displayed honesty, devotion and extraordinary courage in work by setting high standards in the investigation of any crime.
- In 2018, the then Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh had started five Police Medals to encourage policemen. These include Special Operations Medal, Police Internal Security Service Medal, Extraordinary Efficiency Medal, Utkrisht and Ati Utkrisht Seva Medal and Medal of Excellence in Investigation.
Switch to Hindi