Why in News
- Recently, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has declared an area of 10 sq km around Shri Krishna's birth place as a pilgrimage site.
- In this, 22 wards of Mathura-Vrindavan Municipal Corporation will come, out of which 7 wards are already pilgrimage sites.
- Apart from this, Govardhan, Gokul, Nandgaon, Radhakund, Baldev and Barsana were given pilgrimage status by the government in April 2018.
- It is noteworthy that this decision of Uttar Pradesh Braj Teerth Vikas Parishad President and Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath is an important step in the direction of preserving the spiritual heritage of Braj region.
Why in News
- On September 10, 2021, the judges of Bani Park Court, Jaipur and Ganganagar Court introduced the facility of recording the statements of witnesses in the court through video conference (VC).
- The rules were notified on August 2, 2021 regarding the statement to be made by the VC in the High Court. The state government has amended the CrPC for this.
- In the first phase, all district courts have been made studios by connecting them with VC remote points and court staff have been appointed as coordinators on these studios.
- VC's hardware has been installed in 1242 courts of the state. Microsoft Teams license and fiber internet connectivity provided.
- In the second phase, VC remote points will be made in the taluka court. Government offices and hospitals will also be connected to it.
- He said that after notifying the rules of the VC by the High Court:
- The statement of the witness would be done in time.
- Government expenditure and time will be saved and trials will also be possible soon.
- By completing the entire process with transparency, the pendency of court cases will come down.
Why in News
- Recently, the Governor of Rajasthan Kalraj Mishra launched the campaign by releasing the poster of 'Digital Campaign of Federation of Hospitality and Tourism of Rajasthan' at Raj Bhavan.
- The Governor said that Rajasthan is a prosperous state from the point of view of tourism. There are also immense employment opportunities in tourism here.
- He appreciated this campaign focussed on eco-tourism.
Why in News
- On September 10, 2021, Principal Secretary Tourism and Culture Shiv Shekhar Shukla informed that the Union Ministry of Tourism has nominated Ladpurakhas village of Orchha for the 'Best Tourism Village' category in the United Nations World Tourism Organization Award.
- Along with this two other villages have been nominated from Meghalaya and Telangana.
- It is worth mentioning that with the aim of giving a new dimension to the concept of rural tourism, the 'Rural Tourism' project has been started in the state.
- In the next five years, 100 villages will be developed for rural tourism. In these areas, Orchha, Khajuraho, Mandu, Sanchi, Pachmarhi, Tamia, Panna National Park, Bandhavgarh National Park, Sanjay Dubri National Park, Pench and Kanha National Park, Mitawali, Padawali etc. will be developed by selecting suitable sites.
- Under the Rural Tourism Project, work is being done on 6 main components–
- Regional tourism based activities,
- Convenient accommodation/home-stays for tourists,
- Traditional and local cuisine,
- Cultural experiences,
- Art and handicrafts, and
- Skill upgradation of youth.
- This will directly benefit the local community from the development of tourism in their area. The Tourism Board is also providing training to develop tourism products with the participation of the community.
- 'Rural tourism' provides an opportunity to the local people to know about the interest and need of tourists while maintaining the importance of local culture and tradition.
- Through rural tourism, tourists can also find accommodation of local cultural specialties, types and processes of local food, dress, dialect, customs, traditions, local means of transport, jewellery, make-up songs, music, musical instruments, dance, painting, You will be familiar with the methods of preservation of food grains and food, local sports, social and economic methods etc.
Why in News
- Recently, the Jharkhand High Court has ordered to continue the reservation by setting aside the order of the single bench to give 10% reservation to the upper castes in the appointment of assistant engineers.
- The court of Justice R Mukhopadhyay and Justice Rajesh Shankar, while delivering the verdict on the appeal petition of the government, said that the time rule applies from the day the appointment process starts.
- The earlier vacancies are also filled under the new rule. The court upheld the decision of the government and directed JPSC to continue with the recruitment process.
- It is noteworthy that the court had reserved the judgment after the completion of the hearing on July 23.
- It is to be known that JPSC had released advertisements in 2019 for the recruitment of 634 posts of Assistant Engineers. Vacancies from the year 2015 to 2019 were included in this appointment and 10% reservation was being given to the upper castes.
- This order of the government was challenged in the single bench by Ranjit Kumar Singh and others. It was said that this appointment includes vacancies from 2015 to 2019. In such a situation, the benefit of ten percent reservation cannot be given to the upper castes, because the government has decided to give reservation to the upper castes in the year 2019.
- Significantly, on February 23, 2019 the government decided to give 10 percent reservation to the upper castes, on January 21, 2020 the single bench canceled the appointment process, then on March 6, the government appealed against the order of the single bench and on September 10, the division bench Judgment pronounced.
Why in News
- On September 10, 2021 the Chhattisgarh state government formally launched the 'Millet Mission' with the aim of making the state a millet hub.
- Under this mission, the Indian Institute of Millet Research (IIMR), Hyderabad signed MoUs with 14 districts of the state.
- Under the mission, MoUs were signed between IIMR and Kanker, Kondagaon, Bastar, Dantewada, Bijapur, Sukma, Narayanpur, Rajnandgaon, Kawardha, Gaurela-Pendra-Marwahi, Balrampur, Koriya, Surajpur and Jashpur districts of the state.
- Under the mission, farmers will get the right price for small grain crops, input support expertise of experts.
- IIMR will provide technical know-how, high quality seeds, assistance and training to the farmers in setting up seed banks.
- Millet Mission will increase the income of farmers in the forest area and tribal areas of the state and will also give a new identity to Chhattisgarh.
Why in News
- On September 10, 2021 under the leadership of State Commissioner of Bharat Scouts and Guides Chhattisgarh and Parliamentary Secretary Vinod Sewalal Chandrakar, the State Award decoration ceremony was organized at Governor's Durbar Hall, Raipur.
- Scouts Dev Narayan Neti, Rajkamal Gupta, Rajnish Kumar Singh, Suryadev Kushwaha of Balrampur district were honored with Governor's certificate by Governor Anusuiya Uikey in this award ceremony.
- For the first time, the children of Balrampur district have been honored with the Governor's Award due to the continuous efforts of B.Ekka, Education Officer of Balrampur district and all the officials of Scout-Guide.
- Scout-Guide District Organization Commissioner Jaipal Vishwakarma said that the Scout-Guide has always been honored by the government-administration for his excellent work and like this year, effort will be made for coming years also so that the students of Scout-Guide will get honored with the Governor's Award in the coming years.
Why in News
- Recently, Professor Ravi Kant, Director, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rishikesh and RD Sevak, Zonal Manager of PNB Dehradun, launched the state's first PNB Digital Bank (Ease Outlet).
- All banking facilities will be available in a digital bank operating without an employee. The digital bank will work 24 hours even on state and weekly holidays.
- AIIMS Director Professor Ravikant said that the benefit of PNB's digital bank set up in the institute would be available to the patients, attendants as well as the local people.
- RD Sevak, Zonal Manager of PNB said that PNB's digital bank is a big initiative in the midst of the Corona era. Now people will be able to take advantage of banking service while avoiding overcrowding.
Switch to Hindi