Why in News
- Recently, the Government of India has given approval to the Bihar Government for mining of Potash in Aurangabad and Gaya districts of Bihar and Chromium and Nickel in Rohtas district.
- Bihar has been allotted four blocks for mining in a high-level meeting on mineral exploration in New Delhi.
- Out of these four blocks, Aurangabad and Gaya districts have been allotted one Potash block (One block to each) and Rohtas district has been allotted one Chromium and one Nickel mining block.
- Four blocks of these three minerals will be auctioned. This will strengthen the economy along with employment generation in Bihar and thus, Bihar will come under the category of states having mineral reserves.
- Mining of Potash will boost the fertilizer industries of Bihar. Similarly, a series of products to be prepared for chromium and nickel based steel industries will be developed.
- It is noteworthy that recently the Government of India confirmed that Potash in Aurangabad and Gaya while Chromium and Nickel deposits in Rohtash are available in large quantities.
Switch to Hindi