Why In News?
According to information received from the media on December 8, 2022, Forbes India has included Jharkhand's young poet and independent journalist Jacinta Kerketta in the list of India's Self-Made Women 2022.
- This year Forbes India's W-Power 2022 list features women who are breaking stereotypes, rejecting doubts and leading change.
- Apart from Jacinta Kerketta, the prominent names that figure in this list are Nikhat Zareen, Katrina Kaif, Anju Srivastava and Anjali Bansal.
- Forbes India's team researched and included such names in this list who made their own identity, who did not inherit money or position and such women who can be an inspiration to others. 20 names have been given a place in this list.
- Jacinta Kerketta is a well-known poet and independent journalist of the country, who constantly talked about women's rights, who openly discussed the atrocities on the tribal society. Apart from this, he has also openly opposed the superstitions prevailing in his society.
- These days Jacinta's poems have gained fame not only in the country but also abroad. Jacinta has discussed the more than a hundred years old Futkal tree planted in the courtyard of her house to show her intimacy with nature. It is a symbol of both his love and movement towards water-forest and land. Jacinta has written - Futkal Gach is published.
Why In News?
On December 8, 2022, a three-day National Children's Science Congress sponsored by the National Council for Science, Technology and Communication, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India and organized by Science for Society, Jharkhand, was inaugurated at DPS Bokaro in the state.
- On the first day of the program, more than 100 child science participants from 13 different districts of the state registered themselves.
- On the first day, an orientation program was held for the members of the jury, in which the office bearers of the Society informed the judges about the theme of the Children's Science Congress, 'Understanding Ecosystem for Health and Well-being', the evaluation of the project, the parameters related to it. Gave information regarding various technical aspects and selection of participants on the basis of that.
- President of Jharkhand Science for Society Ali Imam Khan said that the society has been organizing the Children's Science Congress since the time of then Bihar since 1993. Its aim is to develop research in children, awaken scientific consciousness in them and involve children in research with innovation, breaking away from the traditional scope of school education .
- He said that research activities are done in the center on the basis of survey and experiment in the Children's Science Congress. There is no school obligation. In this, children from outside school also participate in their innovative projects in the science congress organized in four groups, urban, rural, senior and junior. About 15 successful participants will be selected for the national level in various categories from the state-level competition being held here.
Switch to Hindi