Why in News
- On December 7, 2021, the state government issued a notification in which, 104 Janani Express Base Ambulances and 104 toll free medical advisory services, all offices and employees and all services related to their activities have been declared essential service for the next 6 months, in addition to 108 emergency services.
- According to the order issued by the Home Department in this regard, the strike in the said services adversely affected the supply and maintenance of services and as a result the community had to face great hardship.
- Keeping this in view, the Rajasthan State Government has declared 108 emergency services as well as 104 Janani Express ambulances and 104 toll free medical consultation services which are being operated through the provider company GVK EMRI under the Integrated Ambulance Project, as essential services under the Essential Services Maintenance Act 1970 with immediate effect.
Why in News
- On December 7, 2021, Additional Chief Secretary (Energy) of Rajasthan, Dr. Subodh Agrawal, in the meeting of Energy Efficiency Committee held at Vidyut Bhawan, directed to prepare a roadmap for the year-wise power availability, demand and supply system of electricity till 2026-27.
- A Planning and Coordination Cell has also been constituted under the leadership of Joint Secretary Energy Alok Ranjan, which will coordinate and maintain dialogue with all the power companies of the state. This will ensure quick receipt of information as well as time bound execution.
- ACS Mines, Petroleum and Energy Secretary informed that PS Saxena, Director of Energy Development Corporation, Power Trading, will prepare the roadmap in eight to ten days with the expert officers of related institutions including Vidyut Utpadan Nigam, all three discoms, Renewable Energy Corporation and Energy Development Corporation.
- This team will also include in the roadmap the available potential and future possibilities of solar, wind and biomass etc. from renewable energy and renewable sources along with the conventional sources of power generation in the state. Later it will be finalized and made available to the state government.
- In 2019-20, it was announced to increase the generation capacity to 6000 MW in the state, which will be increased in a phased manner based on this roadmap. In this way, the budget announcement will be implemented in all the districts to provide electricity to the cultivators during the day.
- Dr. Subodh Agrawal informed that the first meeting of the Energy Efficiency Committee was held in June 2019. An immediate solution was discussed in the meeting held in July 2021 also. The action plan will be finalized at the department level by the end of December 2021.
Switch to Hindi