Why in News
- Recently, a pilot project has been started by the Education Department of Haryana Government to distribute tabs in the schools of five districts.
- The Haryana government has selected five districts under the pilot project, which include Gurugram, Faridabad, Jind, Ambala and Karnal.
- Under the pilot project, tabs will be distributed in government schools and 2 GB data will also be available free of cost with the tabs.
- Although this project is for the children of class 9th to 12th, the Haryana Education Department has given approval to give tabs only to the children of class 11th and 12th. For this, the government will also upload a software named 'PAHAL'.
- It is noteworthy that in Gurugram and Faridabad schools are closed due to air pollution, so it is running as a pilot project in the remaining three districts.
- Any other two districts of the state will be included as a pilot project due to closure of schools in Gurugram and Faridabad.
- It is known that the Haryana Government has also issued a tender to buy 5 lakh tabs at a cost of 560 crores.
Switch to Hindi