Why in News
- Recently, an announcement has been made to open 'Natkhat Science Lab' in various government schools of Bhagalpur district.
- With the opening of 'Natkhat Science Lab', students will be able to make other projects, teaching materials, models for exhibitions, from district to national level science competitions.
- In this, students of any school will be able to make models according to them and for this they will not have to pay any fee.
- On the initiative of the Department of Education, Bhagalpur, the Natkhat Science Lab, run by the Abaco Foundation and Karunodaya Foundation of America, has been opened in only one school in the district i.e.– Primary School Mokshada.
- Ten labs will be opened in Bhagalpur district by January. On its success, there are plans to open 300 more centers in two years.
- Lab's project head Shekhar Suman said that seven teachers are being made master trainers in the lab and teachers of other schools will be trained by them.
- This lab has facilities for making all kinds of models for the students of class 6th to 10th, in which understanding of making science models from waste material, understanding of making crafts from waste paper, understanding of making new toys from soil, will be developed.
Switch to Hindi