Bihar Switch to Hindi
State's First Multi Modal Logistic Park to be Built in Patna
Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, Sandeep Paundrik, Principal Secretary, Industries Department in Bihar informed that the state's first multi-modal logistic park would be developed in a hundred acres of land near Jaitia village in Patna district.
- It is known that multi-modal logistics park is a kind of large warehouse, which is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities. There is a system of cold storage, mechanized handling, parking for large vehicles and custom clearance.
- As of now, there is not a single logistics park in Bihar. After its formation, e-commerce companies will be able to store their product.
- Near Jaitia village of Patna district, this place is close to the under-construction Amas-Darbhanga four lane due to which it will get direct connectivity to many districts. Apart from this, it is also close to Neura-Diyawan railway line. Due to this there is also rail connectivity.
- In recent times many big investors have shown their interest in developing Logistic Park in Bihar. These include Adani Group, Oswal Group, TVS Group and some other groups. Organized area will be prepared for Logistic Park by them.
- Top officials of the Industries Department said that the Industries Department is also preparing to bring its logistics policy soon.
- The business of e-commerce companies has expanded on a large scale in Bihar. Their problem is that they do not have enough warehouses to store their products. Transportation charges also increase. Having a logistics park will give them enough space to store their products. Transportation will also be arranged in the logistics park.
Switch to Hindi