Why In News?
- On February 7, 2023, Rajasthan Cooperative Minister Udayalal Anjana inaugurated the district's first Mission Eklavya Knowledge Center in collaboration with Wonder Cement Ltd. at Phachar Ahiran Gram Panchayat of Nimbahera in Chittorgarh district.
- 105 knowledge centers are being set up in Chittorgarh district under Mission Eklavya to provide library and preparation facilities for competitive exams to rural students. Out of which 5 knowledge centers are being established in collaboration with Wonder Cement.
- With the establishment of these centres, facilities for preparation of competitive examinations will be developed in villages as well as in cities. A provision of up to Rs 5 lakh is being made for each library on the establishment of these centres.
- For the operation of these centres, a committee will be constituted consisting of the concerned sarpanch, students at the school and eminent citizens.
- On this occasion, other guests including the chief guest also laid the foundation stone of various roads and sports stadium worth Rs 20 crore 72 lakhs at Nimbahera in Chittorgarh under the DMFT scheme.
Why In News?
- On 7 February 2023, The National Institute of High Security Animal Diseases, Bhopal has reported in its report that "H5N1" Avian Influenza has not been confirmed in Rajasthan.
- It is noteworthy that recently the officials of the Animal Husbandry Department of the state visited the disease-prone areas of Bikaner, Ganganagar, Hanumangarh, Churu, Bharatpur and Jaipur districts and collected samples and sent samples to the National Institute of High Security Animal Diseases, Bhopal.
- It is known that migratory birds arrive in many areas of the state during the winter season, in view of which samples are being collected by the departmental officers to check the disease of migratory and local birds.
- In this regard, Joint Director Dr. Ravi Israni said that the officials of the department along with a team of subject experts have visited Keoladeo National Bird Park and Sambhar Lake and collected samples of migratory birds and sent them to Nishad, Bhopal. Also, proper guidelines have been given to the officers of the department on each district for diagnosis and control of the disease. So far, no case of avian influenza has been reported in the state.
- It is known that avian influenza, commonly known as 'Bird Flu', is a viral disease. This infectious disease affects many species of domesticated birds and wild birds like chickens, turkeys, quails, guinea fowl, etc. Sometimes it can also infect many other mammals including humans.
- On detection of its infection in birds, infected and contact birds are disposed of in a scientific manner.
Switch to Hindi