Why in News?
On 5 June 2023, Rajasthan High Court’s Chief Justice Augustine George Masih inaugurated the newly developed e-RTI portal for Rajasthan High Court & district judiciary through video conferencing.
- Speaking on the occasion, Chief Justice Augustine George Masih said the move will prove to be a milestone towards achieving a transparent, efficient and accessible judicial system. The portal will ensure that this important legal right of the common man is not entangled in complex paperwork and lengthy procedures.
- Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Justice described the portal as a stepping stone in the campaign being undertaken by Chief Justice of India Dr. D.Y. Chandrachud to computerize and digitize the entire judiciary through the latest technology.
- Speaking on the occasion, Justice Manindra Mohan Srivastava, Executive Chairman, Rajasthan State Legal Services Authority said that the success of the portal will depend not only on technical skills but also on collective commitment to its effective use. He said that this portal will become an example for other institutions in the country.
- Justice Arun Bhansali, who joined the video conferencing from Jodhpur, said that this portal will not only streamline the process of filing RTI applications but will also increase the speed and accuracy of information dissemination.
- He said that it will work as a single & centralized platform where citizens can submit their applications online, submit online fees, get information about the status of the application and also get timely notifications.
- By digitizing the entire process, not only the hurdles of paperwork have been eliminated but also provided a safe & convenient channel to the applicants and the information provider authorities.
- It is worth mentioning that in the case of Writ Petition (Civil) No. 1040/2019, Overseas Legal Cell v. Union of India & others, all high courts & subordinate courts had given instructions for the implementation of the e-portal under the Right to Information Act, in compliance with which the technical team of the Rajasthan High Court issued instructions to the e-RTI department before the period given in the instructions. The portal has been launched by giving a concrete shape to the portal and its related rules.
- The link to the e-RTI portal has been made available in the Right to Information tab on the home page of the official website of the Rajasthan High Court.
Why in News?
District Collector Prakash Rajpurohit has appointed an Incident Commander to monitor the flood situation and waterlogging areas in view of the possibility of floods in the upcoming monsoon season in Jaipur, Rajasthan on 6 June 2023.
- Collector Prakash Rajpurohit said that 22 incident commanders in urban areas and sub-divisional officers in rural areas have also been entrusted with the responsibility of incident commander. The Incident Commander will coordinate with the officials of the concerned departments to ensure flood control and rescue work.
- In Jaipur Metropolitan Area, the Incident Commander will coordinate with Municipal Corporation Jaipur Heritage/Greater & Jaipur Development Authority to assess the resources and conduct relief activities in the event of floods.
- It will be the responsibility of the Incident Commanders to make arrangements for drainage in case of waterlogging, spray necessary medicines in the affected areas, identify school buildings, community buildings, shelters & buildings for rehabilitation in the flood-affected areas and rehabilitate the affected families.
- The Collector said that necessary arrangements will be ensured in coordination with the district administration, police department and army in the event of floods.
Switch to Hindi