Why in News?
On October 2, 2022, the World Book of Records organization gave a provisional certificate to the Art and Culture Department for organizing Sarva Dharma Prarthana Sabha by about 1.5 crore people across the state on the occasion of World Non-Violence Day and the birth anniversary of the Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi.
- Art and Culture Minister Dr. BD Kalla, Principal Secretary Gayatri Rathod and Joint Government Secretary Pankaj Ojha handed over this certificate to Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
- It is noteworthy that in the meeting organized across the state on October 2, the dignitaries of the state, Gandhians, thinkers, school and college students, self-help groups, Rajivika group self-help groups, parents, public representatives, MPs, legislators, ministers and by the general public. By participating, about 15 million people made this world record.
Why in News?
On October 3, 2022, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot announced the names of the persons selected for the 'Rajasthan Ratna' award.
- This year the 'Rajasthan Ratna' award will be conferred on Justice Dalveer Bhandari, Justice RM Lodha, Industrialist Anil Agarwal, Industrialist LN Mittal, Sheen Kauf Nizam and KC Malu.
- Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot will present the award to the dignitaries during the Rajasthan summit to be held on October 7 and 8. Around 3,000 participants from India and abroad will participate in this conference.
- It is known that 'Rajasthan Ratna' is the highest award given by the Government of Rajasthan. This award was started in the year 2012. This award is given every year since 2012.
- It is to be known that the highest civilian award of India is 'Bharat Ratna'. On the lines of the same, the highest civilian award of Rajasthan is 'Rajasthan Ratna'. The Rajasthan Ratna Award carries a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh and a citation.
Switch to Hindi