Why in News?
- On 5 June 2023, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel transferred an amount of Rs 21.31 crore online to the accounts of beneficiaries in a program organized for the online transfer of funds to the beneficiaries of Godhan Nyay Yojana at his residence office.
- This amount includes Rs 4.91 crore for rural cattle rearers, Rs 8.98 crore for Gauthan Samitis, Rs 6.29 crore for self-help groups, Rs 1.13 crore for honorariums of chairpersons and members of Gauthan Samitis for cow dung purchased from cow sheds from May 16 to May 31.
- It is worth mentioning that Rs 538.89 crore has been paid to cow dung sellers, Gauthan Samitis and women self-help groups including this amount. Out of this, Rs 237.28 crore has been paid to cow dung sellers and Rs 223.60 crore to self-help groups and Gauthan Samitis since the inception of the scheme.
- The Chief Minister released an amount of Rs 1.13 crore of honorarium to a total of 21 thousand 360 members of the Swavalambi Gauthan Samiti, including the chairpersons & members of the committee. An honorarium of Rs 750 is being given to the chairman of the Swavalambi Gauthan Samiti and Rs 500 to the non-official members.
- The Chief Minister said in the program that approval has been given for the construction of 10 thousand 409 Gaushalas in the state, out of which 98 percent construction of 10 thousand 235 Gaushalas has been completed.
- There are 4,584 Gauthans who have purchased 30 quintals or more of cow dung in the last 15 days. There has been a 22 per cent increase in the number of Gauthans buying cow dung in such a large quantity compared to the previous fortnight. Similarly, there has been an increase of 46 per cent in cow dung procurement during the same period this year as compared to May 16 to 31, 2022 last year.
- 5 thousand 911 Gauthans of the state have become self-sufficient. So far, a total of Rs 53.80 crore has been paid by these Gauthans for the purchase of cow dung. Today, out of the amount of Rs 4.91 crore released in lieu of cow dung purchase, Rs 3.05 crore has been paid by self-reliant Gauthans and Rs 1.86 crore has been paid by the department.
- The Chief Minister said that 1 lakh 89 thousand 614 members of 15 thousand 905 self-help groups have received income of Rs 144.22 crore so far from various livelihood-related activities going on in Gauthans.
- Mr. Baghel said that one of the objectives of Godhan Nyay Yojana is also to protect and promote the environment. The state government is continuously working to improve its environment through schemes like Suraji Village Scheme, Chief Minister Tree Plantation Promotion Scheme, Vriksha Sampada Yojana, Krishna Kunj Yojana, River Bank Plantation, and Fruit Plant Plantation.
Switch to Hindi