Why in News?
On 3 June 2023, the Culture Department of Chhattisgarh was given the Golden Book of World Records for presenting Aranya Kand continuously for 765 minutes at the National Ramayana Festival held in Raigarh.
- In the National Ramayana Festival organized by the Department of Culture, 375 artists, 17 groups from 13 states and 2 international countries (Cambodia and Indonesia) created this world record by presenting 765 minutes of continuous presentation in different languages on Aranya Kand.
- Most stage artists performing awards were given to the culture department along with the district administration.
- Raigad district administration has also been awarded for the successful organization of Ramayana Mahotsav, where more than 10,000 people collectively recited the Hanuman Chalisa.
- The first prize of Rs 5 lakh was given to the Karnataka team, the second prize of Rs 3 lakh to the Assam team and the third prize of Rs 2 lakh to the Jharkhand team.
- It is known that on the special initiative of Chief Minister Mr. Bhupesh Baghel, a three-day grand National Ramayana Festival was organized in Raigad from 1 June to 3 June on the lines of the National Tribal Dance Festival.
Switch to Hindi