Rajasthan Switch to Hindi
Unique Sculpture Park Established in Bikaner House, New Delhi
Why In News?
On February 5, 2022, Rajasthan Chief Secretary Usha Sharma inaugurated the Sculpture Park at Bikaner House, New Delhi, a glimpse of modern and contemporary art and culture.
- A sculpture park has been set up in the premises of Bikaner House, which is full of traditional art and culture, taking steps towards developing it as a cultural hub in the capital.
- On this occasion, Chief Secretary Usha Sharma said that the foundation stone of this sculpture park was laid during the India Art Fair. The launch of 'Bikaner House, literature, in the presence of eminent personalities on issues related to art Dialogues' culture and heritage along with the launch of sculpture park at Bikaner House is a unique initiative.
- He said that while such events are showcasing contemporary art by young artists, senior artists are getting an opportunity to recognize architecture through sculpture parks and stay connected to their roots.
- In Delhi, State Additional Chief Secretary and Chief Housing Commissioner Shubhra Singh said that renowned and internationally renowned sculptors have participated in this sculpture park and contributed to making this park successful.
- Housing Commissioner Dheeraj Srivastava said that under the aegis of 'India Art Fair' and Bikaner House, large scale participation of the younger generation is being ensured and this is also determining the future direction of art literature.
- He said that this sculpture park will connect Rajasthani art, culture and heritage with national and international fame. The first edition of the park showcases art works/sculptures of renowned and emerging artists from across the country and the world.
- This sculpture park of Bikaner House is the first of its kind in the capital, which will prove to be a milestone in giving platform to modern and contemporary art works.
Switch to Hindi