Jharkhand Switch to Hindi
Bhumi Pujan and Laid the Foundation Stone of the Fifth Plant of IFFCO Nano Urea Plant at Deoghar, Jharkhand
Why In News?
On February 4, 2022, Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah performed the Bhumi Pujan and the foundation stone of the fifth plant of the world's first IFFCO (IFFCO) Nano Urea Plant at Deoghar, Jharkhand.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah said that with the formation of Deoghar unit of Nano Urea, about 6 crore liquid urea bottles will be manufactured here every year, which will reduce our dependence on its imports and make India self-reliant in this field.
- A small bottle of 500 grams will become an alternative to an entire bag of urea, the union minister said. Chemical fertilizer kills the earthworms producing natural manure present in the land, while spraying liquid urea will not poison the land in any way.
- He said that IFFCO, formed with the cooperation of farmers, made liquid nano urea first in the world and is now moving towards DAP (D-Ammonium Phosphate). It is a matter of pride for India and the entire cooperative sector. The Prime Minister announced several schemes in the Budget to promote cooperatives. Under this, the rate of income tax for new cooperative units in the field of production 26 has been reduced from % to 15%.
- The Union Home and Cooperation Minister said that today liquid urea is being exported to about 5 countries. This liquid urea made by IFFCO will help farmers not only in India but also in the world.
- He said that 30 acres in Deoghar this small plant of liquid urea being built on will manufacture an alternative to 6 crore bags of imported urea fertilizer, which will make India self-reliant in this field. This will also preserve the farmer's land and increase production.
- Congratulating the farmers of the entire eastern India, Shri Amit Shah said that this factory of liquid nano urea will prove to be useful in increasing production not only in Jharkhand but also in the fields of farmers of Bihar, Orissa and Bengal.
Switch to Hindi