Haryana Switch to Hindi
Ayurveda to be Included in MBBS Syllabus in Haryana
Why In News?
On February 3, 2022, Haryana Home, Health and AYUSH Minister Anil Vij said in the state level program under the 75th Surya Namaskar Abhiyan program in Ambala Cantonment that Ayurveda will also be included in the MBBS curriculum in Haryana.
- Minister Anil Vij said that under the MBBS degree for four years, the student will study allopathic, while ayurveda will be studied for one year, for this a team has been formed which will work to prepare the course.
- The AYUSH Minister said that in the meeting of the Haryana Cabinet, ayush department has been given the status of a separate department so that this department can also come forward on the lines of other departments and it can be identified separately and whatever work must be done by this department can be done.
- A Yoga Commission has been formed in Haryana to take Yoga forward. The state government has taken a resolution that Yogashalas should be built in 6500 villages of the state, in view of this, 1000 Yogashalas have been built, work is going on for the rest. Yogashalas are also being built in the cities wherever there is possible space.
- He said that like allopathic medicines, ayurvedic medicines will also be re-engaged.
- The AYUSH Minister also said that AYUSH University has been created to promote alternate medicine. Ayush has five wings, which include Ayurveda, Yoga, Siddha, Unani and Homeopathy. Work is being done on these five wings. Ayush University has been opened in Kurukshetra. There is 100 acres of land where the building will be constructed. People from far and wide will come here and take education in Haryana.
- He informed that National Institute of Ayurveda is being built in Panchkula at a cost of about Rs 270 crore. It will be ready by December. A 250-bed hospital will also be built here, and 500 doctors will come out from here.
- He said that Unani College has been set up in Nuh, Homeopathic College in Ambala Cantonment and Naturopathy Hospital in Devarkhana. There are 569 AYUSH health wellness centers, 4 Ayurvedic hospitals, 6 AYUSH primary health hospitals, 19 Unani hospitals, 26 homeopathic, 21 AYUSH wings and every district hospital in Haryana has AYUSH wing.
Haryana Switch to Hindi
Grand Opening of 36th Surajkund International Handicrafts Fair
Why In News?
On February 3, 2022, the Vice President of India Jagdeep Dhankhar inaugurated the 36th Surajkund International Handicrafts Fair at Surajkund in Faridabad district in the presence of Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal. This fair will continue till February 19.
- Describing the Surajkund Mela as a confluence of diverse cultures and arts of the country, the Vice President said that the participation of Shanghai Cooperation Organization countries in this fair is a historic event.
- Chief Minister Mr. Manohar Lal said that Surajkund International Crafts Mela strengthens the links of unity in diversity of the country as well as furthers the concept of 'Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam'.
- It is worth mentioning that every year there is a participating nation and a 'theme state' in this fair. This year Shanghai Cooperation Organization is the partner nation in this fair. More than 25 countries are participating in the fair this year.
- states of India 8 north-eastern are the theme states of this fair. These include Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura. These states will come together to showcase their art, handicrafts and cuisine on a single platform.
- The Chief Minister said that the image of this handicraft fair, equipped with artifacts filled with the imagination of artists and craftsmen from India and abroad, is visible. Such fairs provide an opportunity to the craftsmen to exchange their choice and art. These fair showcases unity in diversity and one Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
Switch to Hindi