Why in News?
On February 2, 2023, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal adopted 5 patients suffering from TB disease under the 'Pradhan Mantri TB Mukt Bharat Abhiyan' and provided them with TB kits.
- Speaking on the occasion, Chief Minister, Mr. Manohar Lal said that effective steps are being taken to make Haryana TB free under the Prime Minister's resolution to make India TB free by the year 2025. With these meaningful efforts, the goal of making Haryana TB free will be achieved by the year 2025.
- He has requested the industrialists, administrative officers, educational institutions, social institutions, NGOs and elected representatives of the state to join this noble work and adopt TB patients and come forward to provide them nutrition and emotional and social support to their families.
- It is noteworthy that in the year 2022, the 'Pradhan Mantri TB Free India Campaign' was launched. Under this initiative, nutritional support, investigation support and professional support are being provided to TB patients through the Nikshay 2.0 platform.
- The Chief Minister said that any person or institution can help TB patients by registering themselves through Nikshay 2.0 web portal and joining them as Nikshay Mitra.
- After registration, they can also select a TB patient according to geographical conditions. After that, you can provide assistance on the treatment of the adopted patient by giving an amount of 400 to 500 rupees as monthly supportive diet for about 1 year.
- He said that in this way, the participation of organizations in the National TB Eradication Program will increase and the information and treatment of TB will reach the public. This will lead to better nutrition of patients and better results if proper treatment is done. Apart from this, the burden of patients and families will also be reduced.
Switch to Hindi