Why In News?
- On December 4, 2022, the Dhami government of Uttarakhand has entrusted state agitator and senior journalist Yogesh Bhatt with the responsibility of information commissioner. His tenure will last for the next three years from the day he assumes office.
- Orders have been issued in this regard by in-charge secretary Surendra Narayan Pandey.
- It is worth mentioning that the selection committee formed under the chairmanship of the Chief Minister has selected them on the basis of applications received by the government. The committee includes Leader of Opposition Yashpal Arya and Cabinet Minister Chandanram Das.
- During the Uttarakhand State Movement, Yogesh Bhatt played the role of an active agitator while still a student. Bhatt, who was involved in the operations of the Students and Youth Alliance (Saya), was also imposed under the Gangster Act during the 'No State, No Election' movement. Even after the formation of the state, Yogesh's outspokenness remained constant on the questions related to Uttarakhand on all forums.
- Yogesh Bhatt, who started journalism in the 90s, has also been recognized as an intense journalist. He made a distinct identity while working in several newspapers. Yogesh has always been vocal on the issue of journalistic interests. He has also served as General Secretary and President of Uttaranchal Press Club.
Why In News?
- On December 4, 2022, Uttarakhand Tourism Minister Satpal Maharaj said that on the lines of Kedarnath and Badrinath Dham, a master plan will now be prepared for the development of Mahasu Devta in Hanol and Jageshwar Temple in Almora.
- Tourism Minister Satpal Maharaj said in a statement that work is underway on the reconstruction of Kedarnath Dham and Badrinath Dham Master Plan. The number of pilgrims coming to Kedarnath and Badrinath is increasing every year.
- It is worth mentioning that people have unwavering faith in Mahasu Devta located in Hanol in Dehradun district and Jageshwar Temple in Almora. People from many states of the country also come here for darshan.
- The Tourism Minister said that the services of INI agency were used in the master plan of Kedarnath and Badrinath Dham. The process of granting permission to INI through single source is underway to prepare the master plan of Mahasu and Jageshwar temples. As soon as the permission is received, the development work of these two temples will be done according to the master plan.
- With the preparation of the master plan, the passenger facilities in both the historical temples will be developed in a planned manner.
Why In News?
- On December 4, 2022, P.C. Dumka, Joint Chief Administrator of Uttarakhand Housing and Urban Development Authority of Uttarakhand, informed that Chief Secretary Dr. On the instructions of SS Sandhu, a total of 12 mountains in four districts have been selected for tunnel parking. Their DPR is being prepared.
- It is known that lakhs of tourists visit Uttarakhand every year, but the problem of parking in hilly districts is huge. To solve the problem of parking, work on tunnel parking was started on the instructions of Chief Secretary Dr. SS Sandhu.
- RVNL, UJVNL, THDC and NHIDCL have been made functional entities for parking.
- A total of 12 tunnel parking spaces have been earmarked for tunnel parking, including two in Pauri, Six in Tehri, two in Uttarkashi and two in Nainital.
- In hilly districts where large ground is not available for parking, the work of parking will be done through tunnels within the mountains. These parking will be made in such a way that the vehicle will enter for parking from one side and will exit on the other road.
- It may be noted that the state government has set a target of constructing 50 large parking lots in the state by the year 2025. By 2030, their number will increase to 100. Provisions are being made for special exemption for private participation in this. For this, the process of parking policy is going on at the government level, which will be brought in the cabinet soon.
Switch to Hindi