12 Places Fixed for Tunnel Parking in the Mountains of Uttarakhand
- 05 Dec 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On December 4, 2022, P.C. Dumka, Joint Chief Administrator of Uttarakhand Housing and Urban Development Authority of Uttarakhand, informed that Chief Secretary Dr. On the instructions of SS Sandhu, a total of 12 mountains in four districts have been selected for tunnel parking. Their DPR is being prepared.
- It is known that lakhs of tourists visit Uttarakhand every year, but the problem of parking in hilly districts is huge. To solve the problem of parking, work on tunnel parking was started on the instructions of Chief Secretary Dr. SS Sandhu.
- RVNL, UJVNL, THDC and NHIDCL have been made functional entities for parking.
- A total of 12 tunnel parking spaces have been earmarked for tunnel parking, including two in Pauri, Six in Tehri, two in Uttarkashi and two in Nainital.
- In hilly districts where large ground is not available for parking, the work of parking will be done through tunnels within the mountains. These parking will be made in such a way that the vehicle will enter for parking from one side and will exit on the other road.
- It may be noted that the state government has set a target of constructing 50 large parking lots in the state by the year 2025. By 2030, their number will increase to 100. Provisions are being made for special exemption for private participation in this. For this, the process of parking policy is going on at the government level, which will be brought in the cabinet soon.