Why in News?
According to the information received from the media on 4 June 2023, the first tunnel parking in Uttarakhand will be built in Kempty Fall in front of Tehri-Kempty Fall Mussoorie, Masihi Mussoorie Road, for which a DPR of 120 crores has been prepared.
- To solve the parking problem in the state, tunnel parking is to be made in the mountains in 12 cities. These include 2 in Pauri, 6 in Tehri, 2 in Uttarkashi and 2 in Nainital.
- This parking lot will have the facility to park 400 vehicles.
- Tunnel parking will be built here:
- Pauri-Laxman Jhula and Saud near Devprayag Railway Station.
- Opposite Old Tehri Road Junkyard (Chamba), Nainbagh Dhanaulti, Chhilledi Village, Tegad Bazaar and Thatud Bazaar, Main Bazaar.
- Uttarkashi-Gangotri and Gangnani.
- On Nainital-Bhawali road, Cantt Board land and 1st turn near National Observatory.
- In hilly districts, where the large ground is not available for parking, the construction of parking will be done through tunnels inside the mountains. This parking will be made in such a way that the vehicle will enter for parking from one side and will exit on the other road.
Why in News?
According to the information received from the media on 4 June 2023, only Pratibha Thapliyal of Uttarakhand has been selected from the whole country in the trials organized by the Indian Body Builders Federation in Goa for the Asia & World BodyBuilding Championships to be held in Nepal and South Korea.
- About 23 women bodybuilders from all over the country participated in the trials organized by the Federation of Indian Bodybuilders in Goa. Out of these only Pratibha Thapliyal was selected.
- It is known that from 6 to 12 September, the Asia BodyBuilding Championship is to be organized in Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal. Whereas, from 30 October to 6 November, the World BodyBuilding Competition is to be held in Seoul, the capital of South Korea.
- Significantly, Pratibha, a native of Yamkeshwar block of Pauri in the state, is the first female bodybuilder of Uttarakhand. Even before this, he has brought laurels to the country and the state by winning many competitions.
- Prior to this, she has represented Uttarakhand as a captain in volleyball and has played five times from North Zone. Apart from this, she has also played four times in cricket at the All-India level.
Switch to Hindi