Uttarakhand's 1st Tunnel Parking will be built in Kempty Fall, Mussoorie
- 05 Jun 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
According to the information received from the media on 4 June 2023, the first tunnel parking in Uttarakhand will be built in Kempty Fall in front of Tehri-Kempty Fall Mussoorie, Masihi Mussoorie Road, for which a DPR of 120 crores has been prepared.
- To solve the parking problem in the state, tunnel parking is to be made in the mountains in 12 cities. These include 2 in Pauri, 6 in Tehri, 2 in Uttarkashi and 2 in Nainital.
- This parking lot will have the facility to park 400 vehicles.
- Tunnel parking will be built here:
- Pauri-Laxman Jhula and Saud near Devprayag Railway Station.
- Opposite Old Tehri Road Junkyard (Chamba), Nainbagh Dhanaulti, Chhilledi Village, Tegad Bazaar and Thatud Bazaar, Main Bazaar.
- Uttarkashi-Gangotri and Gangnani.
- On Nainital-Bhawali road, Cantt Board land and 1st turn near National Observatory.
- In hilly districts, where the large ground is not available for parking, the construction of parking will be done through tunnels inside the mountains. This parking will be made in such a way that the vehicle will enter for parking from one side and will exit on the other road.