Why in News?
On December 3, 2023, Tanuj Kambuj, Executive Engineer, National Highway Construction Division, NLD, Srinagar Garhwal, said that the work of the state's first signature bridge at Narkota on Badrinath Highway is being done rapidly.
- It is worth mentioning that the first curved bridge of Uttarakhand state is being built at Narkota on Rishikesh-Badrinath Highway. A 110 meter long bridge is being constructed at a cost of Rs 64 crore under the All Weather Road Project.
- The target has been set to operate vehicles from this signature bridge by May 2024.
- A curved motor bridge is being constructed at Narkota Gadere on Rishikesh-Badrinath Highway. For its safety, there will be safety cables on both sides as well as on the upper side. The design of this signature bridge will be its main attraction.
Why in News?
On November 30, 2023, the high-level committee headed by Union Home Minister Amit Shah approved the Recovery and Reconstruction Plan of Rs 1658.17 crore for the reconstruction of Joshimath affected by landslides.
- It may be noted that Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami had requested Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Home Minister Shah to approve the proposal.
- Under the scheme, central assistance of Rs 1079.96 crore will be provided from the Recovery and Reconstruction Window of the National Disaster Response Fund (NDRF).
- The state government will provide Rs 126.41 crore from the State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) and Rs 451.80 crore from the state budget for relief. This includes the cost of land acquisition of Rs 91.82 crore for rehabilitation.
- The state government has made a budgetary provision of Rs 1000 crore for the rehabilitation and reconstruction plan of Joshimath in the financial year 2023-24.
- The state had sought a package of Rs 2942.99 crore from the Central Government for the reconstruction and rehabilitation plan of Joshimath. This includes construction of 150 prefabricated houses, site development work, interim relief, compensation for damage to residential & commercial infrastructure, compensation for land belonging to families living in vulnerable areas, permanent rehabilitation of affected people and acquisition & development.
Switch to Hindi