Why in News?
On December 2, 2023, Assistant Director of Fisheries Department of Uttar Pradesh, Vijay Shankar Chaurasia said that to promote fish farming, Asia's second largest fish market will be built in Moradabad.
- This three-storey modern fish center, to be built on 2.125 hectares of land at a cost of Rs 50 crore, will be completely air-conditioned. In this, all the facilities related to fish farmers and fish trade will be available under one roof.
- It is worth mentioning that Asia's first modern fish market was built in Chandauli district of Uttar Pradesh. After this, preparations are being made to build a second big market in Moradabad.
- After its completion, the fish producers of the district will get a bigger market and better prices to sell their produce, while fish production will get a boost and thousands of people will get direct and indirect employment.
- Due to the efforts of Divisional Commissioner Anjaneya Kumar to promote fisheries, Moradabad had got this project of fish market project about six months ago, but the problem was of land availability. Now 2.125 hectares of land has been found in village Mughalpura alias Agwanpur of Sadar Block.
- It is worth mentioning that fish production is also increasing rapidly in the division. While the total fish production in the year 2021-22 was 19,396 tonnes, it increased to 23,885 tonnes in the year 2022-23.
- This will be special in the modern fish market:
- A large auction hall of 6470 sq.m.
- Retail building with 2936 square meter area, comprising 23 retail stores, 34 restaurants, e-kiosks.
- 2114 square meter center conference hall and training centre, laboratory.
- Service building of 795 sq.m.
- Four cold stores of 86 square meters each, on the ground floor.
- Solar power plots and big generators to maintain the cold chain.
- CC Road, Drainage System, Boundary Wall, Paver Block, Fire Hydrant, High Mosque Lights, Guard Room.
Switch to Hindi