Why In News?
On October 3, 2023, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announced the BRD of Gorakhpur district. Launched a special communicable disease control campaign in the medical college. This special communicable disease control campaign will be run in the state till October 31, 2023.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister flagged off publicity vehicles for public awareness. Honored 02 ASHAs and 02 Anganwadi workers for their excellent work and also gave Ayushman cards to 04 beneficiaries of Ayushman Bharat Scheme.
- It is known that 6 years ago in the year 2017, a special campaign was launched for the control of communicable diseases like Dengue, Malaria, Encephalitis, Kala Azar, Chikungunya.
- Seeing these results, the state government runs a special campaign for communicable disease control thrice every year through inter-departmental coordination.
- The program of the first 15 days (about 2 weeks) of the special campaign is to discharge our responsibilities with public awareness and inter-departmental coordination.
- Under the Dastak Campaign, from October 16 to 31, 2023, a special program will be run by Asha workers to go door-to-door to identify the patients suffering from fever, cough and other complaints, counsel them, take them to the hospital and arrange for their proper treatment.
Switch to Hindi