Why In News?
On September 29, 2023, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, in a high-level meeting convened at his official residence, directed the formation of the State Capital Region Development Authority (SCRDA) at the earliest.
- Directing the officials present in the meeting, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said that within three months, the SCRDA will be implemented. Submit an action plan.
- The SCRDA will cover Lucknow, Unnao, Hardoi, Rae Bareli, Sitapur and Barabanki districts.
- Lucknow has been named as the SCRDA capital. Regional offices will be opened in other districts for the convenience of citizens.
- After the Jhansi Industrial Development Authority, SCRDA was formed. There will be a model of planned urban development in the state.
- Under the scheme, instructions have been given to send the master plan being prepared for 59 cities for approval of the government.
- For the first time, master plans are being prepared in Shamli, Baraut, Chandausi, Gonda and Amroha, as well as a master plan has been prepared by integrating Loni and Modinagar in Ghaziabad.
Switch to Hindi