Why In News?
On October 3, 2023, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel launched the School Education Department's innovative 'Swami Atmanand Coaching' Scheme online from his residence office for competitive examinations of engineering and medical.
- Under this scheme, free coaching will be given to class 12th students in government schools through 146 development block headquarters of the state and 150 coaching centers including four cities - Raipur, Durg, Bilaspur and Korba.
- In front of Chief Minister Baghel and School Education Minister Ravindra Choubey, an MoU was signed between Samagra Shiksha, Chhattisgarh TextBook Corporation and Allen Career Coaching Institute Private Limited under the School Education Department for running the Swami Atmanand Coaching Scheme.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister released a brochure prepared by the School Education Department regarding the Swami Atmanand Coaching Scheme.
- The Chief Minister said that 753 Swami Atmanand excellent English and Hindi medium schools are being run in the state to provide excellent education to the children including rural and remote areas. Swami Atmanand Coaching Scheme launched today in the state will prove to be a revolutionary decision and an important step in the field of education.
- The Chief Minister said that under this scheme, proper arrangements have been made for coaching as well as teachers. Separate nodal teachers have been identified for Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics subjects in a coaching center.
- There will be regular observation of teaching work in coaching centers and feedback from parents will also be taken. There will be two-way communication in online classes, that is, students will be able to ask questions to subject teachers. During this period, students will be continuously assessed.
- Regarding the Swami Atmanand Coaching Scheme, Principal Secretary School Education Dr. Alok Shukla said that 150 coaching centers including 146 development blocks and four cities of the state - Raipur, Durg, Bilaspur and Korba have related to internet connections and computers.
- Here, coaching will be given to the students studying in the Faculty of Mathematics and Biology in class 12th. This free coaching will be given to Hindi and English medium students.
- So far 9 thousand 13 children have been registered under this scheme. Of these, 6 thousand 553 have registered for NEET and 2 thousand 460 have registered for JEE coaching.
Chief Minister's Big Decision in the Interest of Candidates of Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission
Why In News?
On October 3, 2023, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel gave instructions to bring changes in the system of destruction of documents of the Commission's examinations, keeping in mind the interest of the candidates of Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission.
- In compliance with the instructions of the Chief Minister, the State Government has sent a proposal to the Public Service Commission to increase the period for destruction of answer sheets and documents of the Commission's examinations to two years.
- It is noteworthy that the rules and regulations regarding destruction of answer sheets and documents of PSC exams have been in practice in the state of Chhattisgarh for a long time. The Chief Minister has given necessary instructions to bring changes in this.
Prime Minister laid the Foundation Stone of Several Development Projects worth about Rs 27,000 crore in Jagdalpur and Dedicated to the Nation
Why In News?
On October 3, 2023, Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of several development projects worth about Rs 27,000 crore in Jagdalpur in Bastar district of Chhattisgarh and dedicated it to the nation.
- These projects include several projects in the railway and road sectors as well as the inauguration of the over Rs 23,800 crore steel plant of NMDC Steel Limited at Nagarnar in Bastar district.
- Built at a cost of over Rs 23,800 crore, the steel plant is a greenfield project, which will produce high quality steel.
- The steel plant of NMDC Steel Limited at Nagarnar will provide employment opportunities to thousands of people at the plant as well as in supporting and downstream industries.
- This will put Bastar on the steel map of the world and promote socio-economic development of the region.
- In line with the Prime Minister's vision of improving rail infrastructure across the country, the foundation stone of several rail projects was laid and dedicated to the nation during the event.
- The Prime Minister dedicated to the nation a new rail line between Antagarh and Taroki and a rail line doubling project between Jagdalpur and Dantewada.
- He laid the foundation stone for the redevelopment of Jagdalpur station under the Boridand-Surajpur Railway Line Doubling Project and Amrit Bharat Station Scheme.
- The Prime Minister also flagged off the Taroki-Raipur DEMU train service.
- These rail projects will improve connectivity in the tribal areas of the state. The improved rail infrastructure and new train service will benefit local people and help the economic development of the area.
- The Prime Minister also dedicated to the nation a road upgradation project from 'Kunkuri to Chhattisgarh-Jharkhand border section' of National Highway-43. The new road will improve road connectivity, which will benefit the people of the area.
Switch to Hindi