Why In News?
On October 2, 2023, Madhya Pradesh Governor Mangubhai Patel launched a sickle cell testing mobile van at Raj Bhavan on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti.
- The mobile testing van has been provided by the state unit of Red Cross to All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhopal.
- The Governor said that mobile testing vans are an effective initiative towards bringing science to the homes of tribal communities for sickle cell control efforts in tribal areas.
- He said that the operation of the mobile unit will make the treatment of sickle cell victims and rehabilitation efforts of the carrier more effective in the remote areas.
- The mobile testing van will be equipped with all the tests required for sickle cell disease treatment and rehabilitation. The vans will be operated in tribal dominated areas.
- It is noteworthy that in the inauguration ceremony of sickle cell ward at AIIMS recently, the need for a vehicle for sickle cell disease treatment and rehabilitation was mentioned by the managers of the Indian Institute of Medical Sciences.
Why In News?
On October 2, 2023, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan made several other important announcements while announcing the formation of Bamhori and Sultanganj tehsils of the district in Raisen.
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan made these announcements while addressing the public after inaugurating the Semri Reservoir Tap-Water Supply Scheme worth about Rs 100 crore in Raisen.
- The Chief Minister inaugurated semri reservoir-based group Nal-Jal supply scheme at Begumganj in Raisen district at a cost of Rs 99.96 crore. He also laid the foundation stone and laid the foundation stone of 93 new development works costing Rs 24.31 crore and inaugurated 25 constructed development works worth Rs 28.42 crore.
- 46 villages of Begumganj and 49 (total 95) villages of Gairatganj will benefit from the semri reservoir-based group tap-water supply scheme. A population of 76 thousand 400 of 12 thousand 61 families of the area will benefit.
- For smooth water supply, 32 high level RCC tanks have been constructed, whose capacity ranges from one lakh liters to 5.20 lakh liters.
- The Chief Minister said that a new building and auditorium of the district will be built in Begumganj. New buildings of Government Girls Higher Secondary School of Begumganj and Bamhori will be approved. Rs 5 crore each will be provided for development works in Begumganj, Gairatganj, Silwani and Raisen municipalities.
Why In News?
On October 1, 2023, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated the state-level Aajeevika Mart and Saras Mela-2023 at Bhopal Haat by cutting the ribbon.
- Aajeevika Mart has been constructed at a cost of Rs 49.34 lakh in Bhopal Haat complex. Food, hygiene materials, clothes, decorative materials and other items will be available in the state-level Livelihood Mart.
- The products manufactured by self-help groups of all 53 districts will be sold. Self-help groups without middlemen will have direct access to urban consumers.
- There are 43 rural marts operating in the state for distribution of products of different districts. Aajeevika Mart will emerge as the coordinating center of all these rural marts.
- Patanjali Ayurved will provide technical support. This will help in standardization and marketing of products of Aajeevika brand.
- Women in rural areas are making many products by joining self-help groups formed under the Livelihood Mission in the state. So far, more than 60 lakh families have been connected by forming about 5 lakh women self-help groups in the state.
- Spices, oil, ghee, flour, lentils, rice, salt, jaggery, pickles, papad, toast, honey, millets items, soap, washing powder, Maheshwari saree, bag-print, ladies dress material, salwar suit, purse, sheet, stall, jewelry, handloom textiles, folk-art kirti, terracotta, bamboo items, tribal art, designer brooms, incense sticks, etc. will be available in Aajeevika Store Bhopal.
Why In News?
On September 30, 2023, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan laid the foundation stone of the state's first double-decker overbridge in Indore. He inaugurated development works worth Rs 1483 crore for the development of Indore.
- This mainly includes the groundbreaking of Indore's first multilayer flyover. A total of four flyovers and two railway overbridges were laid on the ground. He also inaugurated seven roads worth about Rs 80 crore.
- Foundation stones of 18 development works costing Rs 1400 crore, and 9 development works worth Rs 83.48 crore were inaugurated.
- The Chief Minister laid the foundation stone of various works worth Rs 192.24 crore for infrastructure upgradation in Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College, including a 321-bed new cancer hospital building, 50 bed CCHB unit, 1000-seater auditorium, and new building works for various medical departments.
- Apart from this, the Chief Minister laid the foundation stone for the construction work of a 6-lane flyover bridge to be constructed at a cost of Rs 67.02 crore at Musakhedi intersection in Indore.
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan also inaugurated the Musakhedi Road constructed at a cost of Rs 10 crore. This will facilitate the movement of citizens of the area. With the construction of a flyover at Musakhedi intersection, passersby will get rid of traffic jams.
Why In News?
On September 30, 2023, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated the newly constructed international swimming pool built by Indore Development Authority at Pipliyahana in Indore.
- The inaugurated swimming pool is the country's first synchronized swimming pool prepared by international standards.
- In this swimming pool, the diving pool, racing pool, splash pool has been built separately. Separate changing rooms, locker rooms, washrooms, steam baths and sauna baths have been made for women and men.
- A cafeteria and multi-gym are also being arranged in the swimming pool premises.
- It is the only swimming pool in the state designed as per the norms of the Federation of International Swimming (FINA).
- The swimming pool has been constructed at a cost of Rs 28 crore. Its viewer capacity is 1200.
Why In News?
On September 30, 2023, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan laid the foundation stone of the state's first biotechnology park to be built at a cost of Rs 50 crore at Sarvania Maharaj in Jawad area of the district. He laid the foundation stone of various development works worth Rs 153.37 crore.
- Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister said that the establishment of biotechnology park to be built in a 40 acres area will give a boost to innovative research and development activities. The park will have 8 high-level laboratories and incubation centers.
- This park will become a center of new technical facilities for researchers and industrialists. This will pave the way for commercialization of biotechnologies, increase business opportunities in the biotech sector and encourage biotech entrepreneurs.
- Entrepreneurs will also be able to start a company of biotech products and people will also get employment. The Biotechnology Park will become a center of new technological facilities for researchers and industrialists.
- The Chief Minister also inaugurated the newly constructed building of Government Polytechnic College Jawad at a cost of Rs 8 crore. He also laid the foundation stone of Government Girls High School Saroda at a cost of Rs 1.47 crore, High School Saroda at a cost of Rs 1.47 crore and Sub-Health Centre building Garwada to be constructed at a cost of Rs 43 lakh.
- The Chief Minister said that the Jawad agricultural produce market will be made hi-tech, and a special scheme will also be made for the Neemuch market. Jawad Neemuch Micro Irrigation Scheme will be approved soon.
Switch to Hindi