Why In News?
'Abua Veer Dishom Abhiyan 2023' was launched in the state on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi's birth anniversary on October 2, 2023.
- On this occasion, a pledge was taken to constitute and reconstitute the Forest Rights Committee at the village level, to give forest rights lease to the people and communities dependent on the forest.
- Chief Minister Hemant Soren also took a pledge to make dedicated and concerted efforts to protect water, forest and land and its resources by implementing the proposed Abua Veer Dishom Campaign, 2023 (Forest Rights Campaign, 2023) and making recommendations as per the Forest Rights Rules.
- More than 30,000- Gram Sabhas in the state will form and reconstitute forest rights committees at the village level under the Forest Rights Act from October 3 to October 18.
- The Deputy Commissioners will hold a meeting with the district level forest division officials and revenue officers in the first and second week of October in their respective districts and ensure the preparation of a complete action plan to ensure the availability of all types of land records forest map for action to be taken in the village level forest rights committee.
- Formation of FRC cell will also be ensured: The formation of FRC cell will be ensured at the district level, Sub-division and block level. A copy of the claims recommended to the SDLC will be given to the block level FRA cell from the decision taken by the Gram Sabha on the claims submitted by the Village Level Forest Rights Committee.
Switch to Hindi