Why in News?
On July 1, 2022, the Government of Uttar Pradesh has given Asim Arun, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Social Welfare, the charge/responsibility of the Chairman of the Uttar Pradesh Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Commission with immediate effect. Notification in this regard was issued on June 29, 2022.
- The state government has assigned the post to Arun Yadav till he is appointed as the regular chairman of the Uttar Pradesh Commission for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
- Aseem Arun is a 1994 batch IPS officer. He formed the SWAT team for the first time in Aligarh in 2009. Aseem Arun has served in Hathras, Balrampur, Siddharthnagar, Agra, Aligarh and Gorakhpur.
- He was the first Commissioner of Police of Kanpur. Prior to the Uttar Pradesh elections, he had quit his IPS job and joined the BJP.
- The BJP declared him as its candidate from Kannauj Sadar seat. From here, Aseem Arun won by defeating three consecutive Samajwadi Party MLA Anil Dohre.
- Mar 25, 2022 Asim Arun was sworn in as minister of state for independent charge in the Yogi cabinet and on March 28, he was given the responsibility of social welfare, SC and ST affairs.
Why in News?
On July 1, 2022 Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched the Communicable Disease Control and Dastak campaign from BRD Medical College, Gorakhpur. He also flagged off the rally of special communication campaign.
- The communicable disease control campaign will run from July 1 to 31 and the door-to-door Dastak campaign in the state from July 16 to 31 to prevent the spread of Encephalitis, Malaria, Dengue, Filariasis and Chikungunya .
- Speaking on the occasion, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said that 95 percent of the deaths due to Encephalitis in the state have been controlled and the remaining 5 percent will be controlled and the disease will be completely eradicated from the state.
- The Chief Minister said that under the campaign, ASHA workers, Anganwadi workers, employees of several departments including the health department and people of various organizations will go door-to-door and make people aware and if anyone is found to be sick, they will arrange for treatment and provide a medical kit.
Switch to Hindi