Why In News?
On June 1, 2023, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has been approved Rs 2.55 crore for the establishment of Shilpgram (Shilpbari) and other works in Molela village, located in Khamnor tehsil of Rajsamand district, which has international recognition in making idols of folk deities from clay.
- With this decision of the Chief Minister, the artisans of Molela village will be able to display and sell their artefacts. Here they will also be able to train future generations with their skills. This will increase the interest of the youth towards art.
- A seminar hall, exhibition hall, cafeteria and other facilities will also be developed in Shilpbari.
- It is known that the clay artisans of Molela village design folk deities in clay. Along with Mewar, people of tribal villages on the borders of Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh buy them. They follow the religious tradition by installing them in the Deoghars of the village. Now they are also being bought for decoration in homes. In the changing environment, according to the wishes of art lovers, artists have started creating modern artworks.
- It is known that terracotta art is one of the famous handicrafts of Rajasthan. The art of making decorative items by baking red clay is called terracotta art.
- The production of musical instruments called Mitti ki Phad and Mandal is also done in Molela village.
- It is worth mentioning that the craftsmen of Molela village have left their mark on art in the country and the world. He has also been awarded Padma Shri and other national-international awards.
Switch to Hindi