Kurukshetra University's Network will be Strengthened at International Level, MoU signed with Seven Universities
Why In News?
Kurukshetra University (KU) in Kurukshetra district of Haryana signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with seven reputed international universities during the 29th IMT-GT meeting held in blended mode in Batam city of Indonesia on September 27, 2023.
- The agreement was signed by Prof. Somnath Sachdeva, Vice Chancellor of Kurukshetra University (KU).
- The agreement includes six Indonesian universities- Syiah Kuala University, Universitas Lampung, Maritime University of Raja Ali Haji, Universitas Sumatera Utara, Universitas Jambi, and Universitas Riau.
- Apart from this, a University of Technology, Mara of Malaysia has also become part of this agreement.
- Kurukshetra University (KU) will establish a strong network of academic partnerships with these seven prestigious international universities, enabling students and faculty members to exchange.
- The MoU will establish an important academic partnership with Kurukshetra University's Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle University Network (IMT-GT Unit). The IMT UNINET network comprises 27 universities from three countries.
- “Through these MoUs, KU has become the first university in the country to expedite the implementation of projects and programmes of cooperation between IMT-GT and India.
- Speaking on the occasion, Vice-Chancellor Prof. Somnath Sachdeva said that a new era has been ushered in for academic excellence and international cooperation for the University. These MoUs will provide new avenues, which will provide many opportunities for our students to be actively involved in the internationalization of higher education in line with the National Education Policy 2020.
- During this agreement, the country's High Commissioner to Malaysia B.N. Prof. R.K. Reddy, Prof. T.S., Dr. Haja Rozia Mohammed, Janor and Vice Chancellors of seven participating universities from Indonesia and Malaysia participated.
Why In News?
On September 28, 2023, Sarabjot Singh, a resident of village Dhin in Ambala district of Haryana, won the gold medal in shooting on the 5th day of the 19th Asian Games being held in Hangzhou, China.
- In the Asian Games, the trio of Sarabjot Singh and his two other teammates Arjun Cheema and Shiv Narwal won gold in the 10m pistol men's event with a score of 1734.
- In the men's 10m air pistol event, Pham Kwang Hui of Vietnam won gold, Wonho Lee of Republic of Korea won silver and Vladimir Svechnikov of Uzbekistan won bronze.
- Sarabjot finished fourth with a score of 199.0, while Arjun Cheema finished eighth with a score of 113.3.
- It is known that Sarabjot is training at Abhishek Rana's shooting academy at Phoenix Club in Cantonment. Sarabjot has so far won around 21 medals.
- Sarabjot's achievements:
- Sarabjot Singh has set many records in shooting at the age of 20. He has also won the gold medal in the ISSF World Cup Shooting Junior Championships in Doha, Taipei, Germany.
- He won the gold medal in the 10m air pistol team shooting event at the ISSF Junior World Cup held in Germany in May 2022.
- In the 65th National Shooting Championship held in Bhopal, he won gold in the single 10m air pistol and team event.
- In the 10m air pistol, he has won about 20 medals at the national and international level.
Switch to Hindi